A Dining Service Student Employee provides information, superior customer service, and a clean and welcoming environment to students, staff, faculty and guests. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Acts as a public relations liaison with customers.
- Communicates customer concerns, needs and equipment malfunctions to management staff.
- Prepares food and beverages.
- Restocks food and beverage items.
- Works in all areas of the dining center.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area.
- Works independently and with other staff.
- Responsible for opening and closing assigned servery/work area(s).
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Manages customer cash/NCard transactions on a POS system.
- Responsible for reconciling daily deposits.
- Required to obtain a Level II Food Handler’s Permit within 30 days of employment.
- Required to complete CORE training within 30 days of employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional notes about the position:
- Schedules vary during the academic year and the summer, your schedule could be to work as early as 6 a.m. to as late as 1 a.m., Monday – Sunday.
Employment Period: semester/year, summer, etc.
Starting Wage: $9.25/hour
Weekends: Students working the weekend (Saturday or Sunday) will receive an additional $1.00/hour.
Web application available? No
Date of notification: On-going
Hiring process: Application and interview
Who To Contact:
Bob Sildmets | Asst. Manager
Abel Dining Center
Abel/Sandoz Dining Office
Dawn DeGroot | Asst. Manager
Harper Dining Center
HSS Dining Office
Wahadi Allen | Interim Manager
East Campus Dining Center
East Union Dining Office
Gina Guernsey | Manager
Selleck Food Court
Selleck Dining Office
Jake Dietrich | Asst. Manager
Cather Dining Center
Cather Dining Office