This small family farm located west of Columbus, NE has been active since 1904. Owners Larry and Lanette Stec raise pasture pigs, pasture laying hens, and tend to a large organic garden on 200 acres of certified organic crop land.Erstwhile Farm website
“We are a small, sustainable family farm that recognizes the value of food and a simple, home-cooked meal. Our promise is to grow and nurture health ‘farm goodness’ (without the use of chemicals or antibiotics) and help you bring it home to your family, all while maintain our ongoing commitment to respect the land and animals in our practices. By building personal and ongoing relationships with our customers, we develop a trust in the integrity of our food and the integrity of our business. You are our business.”
- Cather Dining Center
- Nebraska Food Cooperative, Lincoln, NE
- Tomato Tomato, Omaha, NE
- Nebraska Farmer's Union
First Nebraska farm to have Animal Welfare Approved Certification.
- Pigs have spent 100% of their lives on the farm.
- Antibiotic use is almost nonexistent.
- All feed grains are certified organic.
+ Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables
- Certified organic seeds and plants as much as possible, but always non-GMO.
- Weed control done by hand.
- Choices include: green beans, asparagus, onions, etc.
Nebraska. Local. Pekarek's Produce