A Dining Service Student Manager is responsible for coordinating and supervision of the entire operation, while actively participating in providing information, quality food, superior customer service, and a clean and welcoming environment to our customers. These functions are varied and extensive. Some responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for training and direction of student employees in the absence of a professional staff member or team leader.
- Required to be available for the opening and closing down of all areas during the week and on the weekends when we are without a professional staff member or team leader.
- Responsible for the entire operation on the weekends and other times when we are without a professional staff member or team leader.
- Communicates areas of concern about personnel, scheduling, equipment maintenance, and product needs to the professional management staff.
- Acts as a public relations liaison with our customers.
- Supports positive staff relationships with all departments in Housing and the residence hall complex.
- Required to have a Level III Food Handler's permit and CORE training within 30 days of employment that is obtained by online training and testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional notes about the position:
- Schedules vary during the academic year and the summer, your schedule could be to work as early as 6 a.m to as late as 1 a.m.
- Full-time work may be available during the summer.
- Ability to schedule working hours Monday – Sunday, 6 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- All training is provided.
- Two weeks notice is required when resigning your position.
- If you are unable to work your shift, you are responsible for finding a substitute.
- You are expected to work through the final exam period.
Employment Period: semester/year, summer, etc.
Starting Wage: $10.25/hour
Weekends: Students working the weekend (Saturday or Sunday) will receive an additional $1.00/hour.
Web application available? No
Date of notification: On-going
Hiring process: Application and interview
Who To Contact:
Bob Sildmets | Asst. Manager
Abel Dining Center
Abel/Sandoz Dining Office
Dawn DeGroot | Asst. Manager
Harper Dining Center
HSS Dining Office
Wahadi Allen | Interim Manager
East Campus Dining Center
East Union Dining Office
Gina Guernsey | Manager
Selleck Food Court
Selleck Dining Office
Jake Dietrich | Asst. Manager
Cather Dining Center
Cather Dining Office